AbracaDABra - multiplatform SDR for RTL-SDR USB sticks

Alles zum Thema DAB(+) Digitalradio.
andimik
Re: AbracaDABra - multiplatform SDR for RTL-SDR USB sticks

Beitrag von andimik »

I have tested an Airspy Mini on 127.0.0.1:1234, but the drop down menu stays at No device.

Hint: Using the oldenburger rtl_tcp here from the forum, the SNR level shows too high values (on a very weak mux the bar is green with 12 dB, but I have lots of dropouts, real value is around 5 dB). The same rtl_tcp shows real values in DAB Player.
SeltenerBesucher

Beitrag von SeltenerBesucher »

What I would wish for MacOS would be a dark mode (Light-on-dark color scheme). If I had one more wish, it would be to have your own volume control. To explain: My headphones are connected to an external sound card. Under Windows I can adjust the volume under MacOs it doesn't work. I control the volume in the respective app.
Georg A.

Beitrag von Georg A. »

Dana Diezemann hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:03 It doesn't start under Windows 7 / 64 Bit:
Sounds like C++ Visual Redistributable (VS 2015) is missing.
Austria MV

Beitrag von Austria MV »

I receive some ensembles several times.
How does the channel list work?
I think it remembers the last stations played and not the strongest ones?
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

Georg A. hat geschrieben: Di 24. Mai 2022, 03:17
Dana Diezemann hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:03 It doesn't start under Windows 7 / 64 Bit:
Sounds like C++ Visual Redistributable (VS 2015) is missing.
I have not tested it under Win7 and I have no possibility to do so, is it even supported by Qt6?

EDIT: it reports missing DLL, try to find it in your system and copy it for AbracaDABra folder.
AbracaDABra: multiplatform DAB & DAB+ SDR | https://github.com/KejPi/AbracaDABra
Support forum: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=60938
andimik

Beitrag von andimik »

Will compile it under Ubuntu 22.04 tomorrow.

Any plans for an appImage?
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

@andimik Thanks for your testes, very appreciated!
andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:28 And one will need Ubuntu 22.04 for compiling due to Qt6. But I just tested it under Win10.
To compile under Linux, Ubuntu 20.04 it theoretically first version supported by Qt6 https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/linux.html
andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:28 Hint: In the About-Window place a link to the Github project ...
Good hint about "About" window, thanks!
andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:28 Do you want us to report issues on Github or here?
Please report bugs on GitHub and usage-related complains here.
andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:28 Remark: In DAB (old) the protection level can only be seen in a mouse over, see screenshot.
Yes, this is done by purpose, I want to keep the UI clean. Protection level is an additional information, UEP is defined by index that is unique (ETSI EN 300 401 V2.1.1 Table 8), thus index is shown in UI while protection level only in tooltip. It is similar for audio parameters and others.
andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:28 Maybe you could get in touch with Günter Lorenz in order to implement an upload function to FMLIST for the ensemble window?
Maybe later, it is not my priority for the moment.
andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:39 I have tested an Airspy Mini on 127.0.0.1:1234, but the drop down menu stays at No device.
I do not know how the connection to Airspy Tcp looks like, I am working in IP address configuration, I will check that too. I could implement it but without testing that is not comfortable :-( Just a theory - RTL_TCP is identified by first few bytes, I would assume that Airspy is different and thus not recognized.
andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:39 Hint: Using the oldenburger rtl_tcp here from the forum, the SNR level shows too high values (on a very weak mux the bar is green with 12 dB, but I have lots of dropouts, real value is around 5 dB). The same rtl_tcp shows real values in DAB Player.
I will check that, thanks for reporting.

I hope I did not forget any answer :-)
AbracaDABra: multiplatform DAB & DAB+ SDR | https://github.com/KejPi/AbracaDABra
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

SeltenerBesucher hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:50 What I would wish for MacOS would be a dark mode (Light-on-dark color scheme). If I had one more wish, it would be to have your own volume control. To explain: My headphones are connected to an external sound card. Under Windows I can adjust the volume under MacOs it doesn't work. I control the volume in the respective app.
Dark mode should be set automatically when system is in dark mode.
AbracaDABra uses PortAudio that only supports volume control by multiplying each sample by gain constant. This would create higher CPU load with only little benefit in my opinion. For the moment I do not plan to implement it, maybe in future.
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

andimik hat geschrieben: Di 24. Mai 2022, 09:22 Will compile it under Ubuntu 22.04 tomorrow.
Any plans for an appImage?
Plans yes, but so far I do not have any experience with that. I hope I will be able to prepare it for next release somehow.
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

Austria MV hat geschrieben: Di 24. Mai 2022, 08:01 I receive some ensembles several times.
How does the channel list work?
I think it remembers the last stations played and not the strongest ones?
In basic UI there is only plain service list implemented according to DAB Rules of implementation. This service list is alphabetically sorted list of audio services from all ensembles found during band scan. Each service is uniquely identified by combination of SID and SCIdS according to standard:

For the identification of a service element only the SId/SCIdS fields in MCI shall be used; other means, such as labels shall not be used. Service elements with different SId/SCIdSs, but the same label shall be treated as different service elements with separate service list entries.

Thus it may happen that there are more services with the same name if their SID/SCIdS are different (Radio BEAT in screenshot below). It can happen that the same service is transmitted in more than one ensemble. This is indicated by icon that can be used to switch between ensembles (screenshot below).
You can click "star" icon to add service to favorites. Favorites are always first in the service list.

When you switch to expert view, you can also see "service tree" on the right side that is sorted by ensemble channel. Under each ensemble name you can see the service tree.

The application remembers the last service that was playing.
AbracaDABra_Ohy7Y1ujgs.png
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

andimik hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:39 Hint: Using the oldenburger rtl_tcp here from the forum, the SNR level shows too high values (on a very weak mux the bar is green with 12 dB, but I have lots of dropouts, real value is around 5 dB). The same rtl_tcp shows real values in DAB Player.
I have tried with that server (I hope that you meant this: https://github.com/old-dab/rtlsdr) and I do not see any unexpected SNR values on my antenna here. Could you please share the raw data dump in private channel? (Ensemble information -> Dump raw data), ~30 sec would be enough.
Just a side note: this RTL_TCP server is significantly better than mainstream, I was not aware about that, very impressed.
Drehrumbum

Beitrag von Drehrumbum »

Hi Petr!

I've checked your program yesterday. As mentioned by others, I’ve seen excellent error-correction capabilities and low CPU-usage, too. Very nice!

However, the most interesting parts (for me) are disguised in libdabsdr.dll (well, I can see it, of course), so I assume it’s your own work, which is not intended to go public. Can you tell me something about the used viterbi-algorithm? What about the error-performance, checked with Phil Karn’s test-program in his FEC-Lib?
viterbi.dll replacement for QIRX-SDR (all versions): https://github.com/Drehrumbum/viterbi.dll#viterbidll
SeltenerBesucher

Beitrag von SeltenerBesucher »

KejPi hat geschrieben: Di 24. Mai 2022, 09:33
SeltenerBesucher hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:50 What I would wish for MacOS would be a dark mode (Light-on-dark color scheme).
Yes that's right, the dark mode is applied to the background. However, the icons are black and do not automatically become bright, they remain dark.
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

SeltenerBesucher hat geschrieben: Di 24. Mai 2022, 13:34
KejPi hat geschrieben: Di 24. Mai 2022, 09:33
SeltenerBesucher hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Mai 2022, 23:50 What I would wish for MacOS would be a dark mode (Light-on-dark color scheme).
Yes that's right, the dark mode is applied to the background. However, the icons are black and do not automatically become bright, they remain dark.
You are right, I am not using dark mode so it did not come to my mind it could be a problem. I will put it to my TODO list but with lower priority.
KejPi

Beitrag von KejPi »

Drehrumbum hat geschrieben: Di 24. Mai 2022, 11:54 Hi Petr!

I've checked your program yesterday. As mentioned by others, I’ve seen excellent error-correction capabilities and low CPU-usage, too. Very nice!

However, the most interesting parts (for me) are disguised in libdabsdr.dll (well, I can see it, of course), so I assume it’s your own work, which is not intended to go public. Can you tell me something about the used viterbi-algorithm? What about the error-performance, checked with Phil Karn’s test-program in his FEC-Lib?
Yes, the most interesting part is in libdabsdr, it is my work. I have my own implementation of Viterbi, optimized for SSE, I want to optimize is for NEON when I find some time. I have not run any specifc test for error correction capability, I just did the comparison with other radios and I think it is not bad ;-)
Antworten